Wednesday, July 23, 2008

SUPERMOMS

I just can't get over how amazing and inspiring all of your wonderful comments from the last post were. A big thanks goes out to our BOMs...Lauren, Rachel ,Jenni, Teryn and Lyndsay. Oh and thanks to Lynae for asking the question that got the results.

I found from reading your comments, that again, yes, we really are all in this together, and we're all undergoing the same trials and struggles as mothers. How wonderful to know this, and to have a reminder that our babies are only young for a little while and that we must do all we can do to enjoy and relish every single moment. I really liked that everyone seemed to keep echoing the thought of not being too hard on ourselves. We DON'T have to feel guilty for not getting it all done. It just really isn't a realistic thing and no, not one of us is a superwoman, but yes, each of us is a "supermom." (A note on that...have someone call you that once or twice and your mommy self esteem will be soaring. An old friend came to visit my family about a month ago. He hadn't seen me since college and I think it was a little weird for him to see me running around with my four kiddos. He kept calling me "supermom" and kind of joking about it. I decided to take it as a compliment.) Yes, that's what we are...SUPERMOMS. Anyone who is a mom has to be super. That's just a given. So maybe we don't do it all, maybe we have to squeeze in our scripture reading and prayers and maybe there are piles of sand on the floor, but just remember to let go of the guilt, do all you can to prioritize, set a schedule and routine (huge helper) and be loving to your littles. You know, I think it all falls into place from there. It will never be easy, but we CAN do it. Yes, we can.


If you haven't read the comments from the last post, do it and do it now. ;) Really, there are some great thoughts there for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As usual, this post came RIGHT when I needed it! How do you do that? One minute I'm sitting at the computer, minding my business and the next I've got big from-the-gut tears rolling down my cheeks! Happy tears - don't get me wrong. But your words hite me at the core - no matter whether the floor is clean or not, we are all Supermoms. And we should think of ourselves as such.