Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sisters


We are all sisters, and sisters love and help each other. I have been so overwhelmed at how much I have been affected by my so many of my sisters that have made such an amazing impact on me this week. It started with the comments from the last post (if you haven't read them, you need to-thank you BOM Brooke and BOM Maren), then it went to my friend that I was visiting teaching who gave me some insights that were just what I was needing, and then it continued as I opened an email from a friend sharing a wonderful email with me, and offering to let me use some of it for the blog.


So here is part of that email. I guess I didn't even pay attention to who wrote it, but thank you. Welcome to the BOM Clan. :)



Roxxy, our horse, delivered a healthy and beautiful little foal on Tuesday the 27th of May. She did it all on her own, no vet required! I asked! I arrived on the scene about an hour after the birth. It was amazing to me to see how attentive and responsible this first time mother was. Who trained her? How did she know how to behave toward this new miniature version of herself? She never left the side of the baby, knew right what to do to help the baby adjust to her new life and Roxxy also seemed to develop a new language just for the baby, different than anything I'd heard her voice before. It made me think about our natural abilities as mothers. God has given us all the attributes we need to be good mothers and if we have the desire, we can accomplish that task quite well. Mothers naturally seem to know if a child has a special need or is in trouble or hurting. I think it is a wonderful gift God gives to mothers.


How true is this! I loved it. All we need is the desire, because God has already given us the gift. The gift of motherhood and innate attributes and capabilities, allowing us to accomplish the task. To be a mother, could there be a greater gift?


Thank you to all my sisters that helped me to be a better mother this week.

8 comments:

Maren & Danny said...

Wow-that story about the new mother horse was so touching! It is amazing that somehow we just know what to do-for the most part anyway! :0) I think you hit it on the head though when you said that we need to have the desire, the desire to be a good mother, wife, friend, sister or whatever we are to the many people we influence. Thanks for always giving me something positive to think about...

Maren & Danny said...

P.S. I got your comment on my blog-thanks! I will let you know when I go private. Crystal Jaster (who I went to h.s. with) mentioned that she knows you & that you play volleyball. Are you by chance a setter? My city league team needs a new setter...interested?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the awesome story, being a little bit country down here that kind of hits home. I am always amazed at the birth of baby animals...no epidurals, usually no dr., oh and no husband or mom holding a cold compress.
I am touched by the comments that have been posted and for the inspirational mothers that are out there, I hope that I can be an example to those around me too.
I think that we definatly need to be doing what we are supposed to to have life go the way we want. When I lean on my Heavenly Father, through prayer and reading my scriptures, I notice a serious difference in my life. I just wonder how busy moms do it. I am so tired by the end of the day and my morning starts so early with little kids that I can't seem to sqeeze those important things in....any suggestions???

Lindsay said...

Hey Nat! Love this blog. It is great to know that I am not alone. Thanks for your comments. Your great.

Beautifully Ordinary Mother said...

Everyone...I love you. Thanks for making this blog just what I want it to be.

Lyndie-I want to do a post concerning your comment. Next post, K? Stay tuned. Oh, and I owe you six! Sorry.

Maren-volleyball...hmmm, haven't played in 10 years, but I've been thinking I wanted to do it again. Sorry though, I'm not a setter. Middle block or outside. Thanks for asking.

Lyndsay-So glad you like us. Thanks for being a BOM. :)

Beautifully Ordinary Mother said...

LINDSAY. That's better. I knew that wasn't looking right, but it wasn't until I posted that I realizezd why. Oops.

Molly said...

What a great story. It reminded me of a talk my dad gave in church last week on mothers. He said if you watch a BABY girl she will pick up and love a babydoll. Being a mother comes natural. It is what we are called to do. And what an amazing calling it is.

Beautifully Ordinary Mother said...

Wow, I got chills and tears in my eyes when reading about the baby girl and babydoll. Another amazing truth that we don't always think about. Aren't you all so thankful to be a mother, to have such an amazing calling, and to have help at it from a higher power? Even as little toddlers we have that desire to nuture and love. What a blessing. Thanks, Molly, for sharing another great example of our natural mothering abilities.