Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Do it and do it now!


I've developed a new motto to live by after my procrastination kept me from sending my letter to my grandma...Do it and do it now! I'm one who tends to feel overwhelmed even by the smallest daily tasks, and I often let them build upon each other, piling them high in my mind of things that I need to do. So, I've decided to try to combat the procrastinating, anxiety causing, "I need to do that" way of living by taking action and doing it now. Give it a try, see if it works. If something comes to your mind that needs to be done, do it. Then you will be more free to focus better on the next thing that needs your attention, keeping that pile of things to do shorter and more easily accomplished.

If you have any ideas for me to help me conquer or at least cope with the busy life of a mother of four young kids, please, share your secrets. I could use all the help I can get.

8 comments:

Bliss Portraits said...

Hey Natalie... you are so sweet to offer to put my link on your website. I would LOVE that! Let's talk more in an email. I love your inspirational thoughts on your blog! Thanks for keeping in touch... it means a lot.

Anonymous said...

I really need to do this. I do put off those little things until they are totally out of control. I am glad though to hear that I am not the only one. I am glad you have this blog...you are so cute.

Jen-ben said...

My problem is not doing things and making time for my kids....so I try to set the timer and just clean for 10 minutes at a time. That way I stay totally focused on what I'm doing, then when times up, I'm done. :) I'm a little childish really.

Beautifully Ordinary Mother said...

The timer...what a good idea! I'll have to try it.

Tennille said...

I love this blog too Nat! You are so good with words and the way you write things, I am loving looking at your posts.

K Lovell said...

I like your blog and I check it daily. Keep it up.

Maren & Danny said...

I feel like it really helps to write it down. Then if I can't actually do it right when I think of it-I will have a reminder to do it later. I can't remember anything these days! Is it true that we lose a few brain cells with each child? :0)

Beautifully Ordinary Mother said...

I need to get better at writing stuff down. It's very easy for me to forget things. Hmmm, if only I could remember where I put my list of things to do... ;)