Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's All About the LOVE


Happy Mother's Day to all you B.O.M. Moms!


Speaking of Mother's Day. . . I received a gift from my mother-in-law that really meant a lot to me. It was a small book titled Love that Never Ends by Lucile Johnson. On the inside cover she left me a special message and she said, "...you are the best mother. How do I know this? Because you love your children. This book is great because it reminds us mothers that we don't have to be perfect to love our children and love is what counts." I couldn't have had a better reminder about what is so important in the lives of our children. LOVE, yes, simply love. Loving our children is what we must do in order to be the best moms, and better yet, we don't have to be perfect to love our children. Wow. Simple, profound, true.


Think about the love that you have for your children (I know it's immense) and strive to show them this love through simple actions. An extra hug, listening, really listening when they talk, making a favorite meal, playing a little catch or maybe singing or playing the piano with them, or anything else that you know they will love. Love them, simply love them.


So you have to check out the first ever comment on the last post from one of our beautifully ordinary mother's husband. It's pretty powerful.

7 comments:

kellbell said...

love love love country! a concert would be fun!

Fauset Photography said...

What a cool idea! I've contemplated the idea of doing just this...but couldn't bring myself to taking care of another blog! :) I was blown away when I did a post about Trails and the response I got. Really incredibly eye-opening! You're brill!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found you through the Bliss Portrait blog (I'm an old friend of Jessica's) and really love what you've started here! I think we really see eye to eye on mothering and will add you to my google reader so I can enjoy what's to come! Please come visit me sometime at my Mommy Blog - http://www.supermomcentral.blogspot.com.

-Lauren Horsley

Anonymous said...

This doesn't surprise me at all that you are doing this. You always have deep things running through your mind and great advice. It will be fun to read what others have to share, since other mother's are the best people to go to when we have questions and concerns while journying through motherhood! You are wonderful! Good work. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Hi again! Thanks for the sweet comment - I'm so glad you came to visit my blog! I would love to be on your "list" and will definitely put you on mine. I'm so glad to have made a new mommy friend!

-Lauren

Jen said...

New post new post where are you new post? :)

Beautifully Ordinary Mother said...

I know, it's my week mark and I need to have a new post. Sorry. It's been one of those days. Thanks for checking back though. My new weekly post is up now. Enjoy. ;)